Hubaco branded products are currently sourced from the UK and India. As we develop and add new products we may source from other countries in order to achieve the quality and price our customers require.
Products we purchase from other brands and via distributors are manufactured in a number of countries including the UK, China and India.
For more information about sourcing and supply please read on.
Ethical Trading Statement
YourSchoolUniform.com endeavours to meet high standards of ethical trading across its range of products.
For products we develop and source ourselves, we do this by:
Factory validation using SEDEX ethical trading audits. The SEDEX audit methodology is well respected and widely used across industries. The resulting audit reports (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit or SMETA Report) give a detailed evaluation of the audited factory at a given point in time.
The SMETA audit demands rectification of any non-conformance 30 days following the audit date. We monitor all non-conformances through our own ISO9001 system, to ensure close out/compliance.
The SMETA allows us to check that:
– Local employment laws are followed.
– Employment is freely chosen, without employee deposits.
– Child labour is not used.
– Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
– Working hours are not excessive.
– No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
– Workers are interviewed for feedback.
In addition we also:
- Entrust our local representatives to maintain high levels of supervision.
- Undertake regular supplier visits of our own, to visually evaluate our factories.
For products we source from brands or via distributors we do this by:
Requesting ethical trading statements, codes of practice for supply etc. so we can establish the checks and standards these companies also have in place for ethical trading.
YourSchoolUniform.com Ltd 2014